Selling Guide



A step-to-step guide on selling your property...

Get your finances sorted

When starting the process of selling your property, sorting out your finances is the first place to begin. Visit your bank or broker to inform them that you're planning on selling your home. If you're considering purchasing too, then explore what options you have available depending on what size and type of mortgage you require and apply for a mortgage in principle.


Market Valuation

The primary focus when selling your property should always be to achieve the highest possible price within the shortest time possible.

When you've decided to go on the market, it's crucial to price your property competitively. Setting a competitive asking price is a sure-fire way of drumming up loads of interest on your property, leading to serious interest and firm offers.

Book in your home visit by selecting one of our flexible packages. We will visit your property to produce the professional photos/floorplan and you will receive a Free Valuation guide along with a suggested asking price. We will compare local market data and comparable property trends, along with the assistance of our market intelligence tool to help you set a competitive asking price.


Choosing an estate agent

Choosing the right estate agent could save you a lot of time, money and unnecessary hassle. Whether you decide to instruct a high street agent, an online agent or even choose to sell privately, each option has it's own benefits and advantages, and you need to decide what's best for you.

If you want your property to be exposed to millions of home buyers, both your high street and online agents can provide this for you, especially since 95% of buyers search for their new home online, your property will be exposed to the masses.


Property Presentation

The presentation of your property is paramount to reaching a successful sale. You only get one chance to make a lasting impression, so it has to count. Get your property ready for viewings by de-cluttering all the rooms. Attend to any DIY jobs that have been in the offing such as fixing chipped walls or adding a fresh coat of paint. A property that's been maintained well over the years will always appeal to potential buyers. Once you're ready, Just Sold's Marketing team will visit your property to produce Professional Photos, a Floor plan and an Energy Performance Certificate, if necessary.


Viewings

Once your property is live, it will be exposed to millions of buyers online, accessible throughout the world. We feel we are well placed to secure a buyer for your property due to the fact that we're open 24-7 which is essential to maximising viewing opportunities for your property. Although you will be hosting your own viewings, we will be there by your side every step of the way. Our friendly team of property experts will answer all of your queries and offer sound advice when selling your property.


Receiving Offers

When we receive offers for your property, we'll get in touch immediately to communicate all details of the buyers position and whether or not they're in a chain.

Once you've decided to accept an offer, your dedicated property expert will list your property as Under Offer. In agreeing a sale, both parties are formally negotiating a contract for the sale/purchase of your property, which includes leaving behind any furniture/white goods and deciding the number of days between the exchange and completion of contracts.

Track your sale 24/7 by logging in to your Sellers account.


Instructing a Conveyancer

Once a sale has been agreed, both parties would have to consult a legal Conveyancer, a specialised Solicitor who will handle all of the legal aspects of the sale of your property.

Hiring a reputable and seasoned Conveyancer can make all the difference when reaching the final furlongs of a sale. All solicitors are qualified to undertake work of this kind but not all are experienced or successful in it, so make sure you do your research.


Exchange and Completion

Only when the contracts have exchanged are both parties legally obliged to complete the sale/purchase. On exchange, the buyer would typically put down (up to) 10% deposit of the purchase price and the remainder 90% will be transferred when your solicitor confirms the sale has completed.

You can vacate the property any time prior to completion but it's recommended to move at least a few days beforehand to give yourself a chance to settle in to your new property and before its time to hand over the keys to the buyers Receive an instant quote from a highly reputable conveyancing firm.

    Instant Quote       

Copyright © Just Sold 2020
Just Sold, Kemp House, 152 - 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX

  We accept the following Payment methods online

Payments